What is Slack?
Slack is an innovative team communication solution. At its core, Slack is an instant messaging app that provides company wide, and private channels, direct messaging and notifications. You can visit slack.com to learn more.
Why this integration is awesome:
CRMs should fit into your workflow, not the other way around. We know you and your team use Slack to ensure there is constant communication. This integration allows you to fit ProsperWorks in a place you know your team is checking all day, so we’re making it even easier to monitor what’s going within your pipeline.
Slack integration features:
As part of the Slack integration, you can receive notifications in the Slack channel of your choice. Please note that anyone with access to the Slack channel you choose will be able to see the notifications, regardless of the ProsperWorks visibility permissions that may be in place. If you need to limit visibility of these notifications in Slack, make sure to set it up as a ‘Private Channel’. Below are what notifications are possible. Your ProsperWorks admin can choose to push notifications for Leads, Opportunities or both into the selected channel!
- Change of ownership
- Status change
- Lead conversion
- Lost / Abandoned
- Stage moved forward
- Stage moved backward
- Opportunity Close Date was pushed out
- Opportunity Close Date was pulled in
- Opportunity Value increased
- Opportunity Value decreased
How do I start using the ProsperWorks Slack integration?
For your team to start receiving ProsperWorks notifications via Slack users can follow these steps:
- Go to System Settings. You must be a Slack admin and a ProsperWorks Admin
- Select "Integrations"
- Click on "Connect" for "Slack Notification"
- Select the appropriate team
- Choose the channel you want notifications to be posted to (it can be a public or private channel)
When selecting a Slack channel, be conscious of who has access to it. Notifications will be sent to that channel regardless of visibility permissions you may have in place in ProsperWorks.
- Click on "Authorize"
- Once you’ve integrated Slack, you can go into the Settings section and select whether to receive notifications for Leads, Opportunities or both.
- Select the channel that publishes each type of Lead and Opportunity notification