Note: This feature is currently in a closed beta program, so is not accessible, but will be released to all accounts shortly!
If you want to be more efficient in your email communications without compromising the personal feel that your leads and prospects appreciate you for, then the Email Templates feature is exactly what you’re looking for!
How does it work?
- Create personal email templates, or use the shared templates your admin has created for your team.
- Leverage Merge Fields so you can personalize emails with your contact’s information in the email body.
How do I get started?
- Go to your Settings
- Click on the Email Settings page. Make sure that your Email Preference is set to “Send and reply from ProsperWorks”
- Click on “My Templates”
- Only admins can create “Shared Templates”. As an administrator you can generate and manage email templates for your entire company to use. Navigate to the Shared Templates section and click ‘Create Template’.
Templates per Plan
Users on the Basic plan can create up to 3 personal templates, and no Shared Templates.
Users on the Professional plan can create up to 10 Personal and 10 Shared Templates.
Users on the Business plan can create an unlimited number of both Personal and Shared templates.
Creating a Template
When creating your templates make sure to give it a unique name that allows you to quickly recognize it when you’re composing your emails.
You can choose Merge Fields (a field in an email template that incorporates values from a record), or reuse part of an existing template to create new ones by selecting the blue + symbol on the right side of subject line or the compose box.
You can also use the # and + shortcuts to type in your merge fields or insert templates.
The following merge fields are available to you:
Recipient Merge Fields
- First Name
- Last Name
- Full Name
- Phone Number
- Company Name
Sender Merge Fields
- Sender Name
- Sender Email
- Sender Phone
- Sender Company Name
Things to keep in mind:
- Your Gmail Email Signature is automatically appended to the end of all emails you send from ProsperWorks, if you select the “Use Gmail signature” option in Email Settings.
- Recipient merge fields can be identified by the blue highlight, while sender merge fields are highlighted in green.
- For text formatting, highlight the word or section to see all options.
Composing with an email template
When sending an email you will notice the little blue + icon in the subject line or the body of the email. Clicking on the icon will give you access to the list of available templates and merge fields.
You can use more than one template to include in one email.
If you select a template that doesn't have a subject line, you can type in a subject line when composing your email. If you select more than one template from the subject line section, the new subject line will be added to the existing one. Subject lines and email content are all editable on the fly!
If there is no content for a specific merge field, the field will appear with strike-through styling and in grey. You can select the merge field and enter ‘Backup Text’ that will be used in place of that merge field.
If you're looking to attach files to your emails there is an easy way to do so without worrying about email file size limits.
- Upload your file to Google Drive, or your preferred cloud storage provider.
- Create a shareable link for the file.
- Add the url for the shared document in your email.
Bulk Send Emails
For information on how to send your emails in bulk to a group of contacts, check out this knowledge base article.