There are several scenarios where the system will create a duplicate person, company or lead record. Let's explore these scenarios and the solution for consolidating these records.
How duplicates happen
People are uniquely identified with their email address.
Companies are uniquely identified with their email domain.
Leads do not have a unique identifier and will create duplicates.
If a lead gets converted but does not have a email address or have a non-matching email address, it will create a duplicate contact in people.
If you import another people or company record and the new record has a matching email address it will completely ignore the record.
Consolidate duplicate records
You can merge duplicate records. To do so, follow the instructions below:
1. Sign into your ProsperWorks account and click the 'Leads,' 'People,' or 'Companies' link from the lefthand menu.
2. Check the box next to each record you'd like to merge together.
3. Click the 'Merge' icon above the list of records (hint: It looks like an arrow).
4. In the lightbox that appears, you'll choose which information you want to keep for the resulting record. Check out the screencast below for a visual:
5. Click 'Finish Merge' after you select the information you want to retain for the record.
Note: Merging multiple records is final. It cannot be undone.