How Google Sync Works
ProsperWorks integrates with a user’s Google account via the email address the user signed up with. This email should always be the user’s primary address which can be viewed underneath System Settings > Company Users. Google Sync works by either creating a Google Authentication token the first time a user signs into ProsperWorks with Google or by installing ProsperWorks from the Apps Marketplace.
Google Sync is not supported for non-Google email accounts like Outlook or Yahoo or when an alias is used as the login ID for ProsperWorks. If you sign up for a ProsperWorks account with an alias you will NOT be able to:
- Login with Google Account
- Enable Google Sync for email, contacts, tasks, calendar events, etc.
What is an alias?
An alias is an alternate address that points to a user's existing Gmail account. Mail sent to the user's primary address (the one you created for their Google Apps account) and any email aliases you add, all appear in the user's same Gmail inbox.
Email Alias Domain Alias
How Does ProsperWorks Sync Emails to or From an Alias
Any email that is sent to or from a ProsperWorks user’s inbox will sync into ProsperWorks as long as a recipient or copied contact’s email is saved in the email field of a Lead or People record in ProsperWorks. This means that emails sent to or from an alias can sync into ProsperWorks as long as they are routed through ProsperWorks user’s email under Company Users.
Using the above example of firstname.lastname@example.org as a Primary address and email@example.com as an Alias you would want to take the following steps to sync emails to and from firstname.lastname@example.org in your ProsperWorks account.
- Follow these steps to receive emails from email@example.com on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow these steps to send emails from email@example.com via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add email@example.com to your ProsperWorks account as a Company User
- Sign into Gmail with firstname.lastname@example.org
- Now any emails you send from or are sent to email@example.com will go through your firstname.lastname@example.org inbox and be syned to ProsperWorks