When we built this product, we did not foresee that our customers would like to move people back into leads. We are sorry we do not have this functionality yet. If you would like to request this feature, please submit a feature request here and emphasize why this is important to your work flow.
In this article, we will go over two suggestions of workflows to convert People back to Leads. The first suggestion is to export your People Records and import them back as Leads, then deleting the old records. The second suggestion is to choose to use People instead of Leads and creating a custom dropdown to know the difference.
1. Make selections of your People Records via the checkbox on the left side
2. Select the more icon and export data
3. Open up the file
4. Delete the URL and ID columns on the far right, and any users you do not want as Leads
5. If there are any custom fields on your People records that do not yet exist on your Lead records that you want to save, make sure to check to add them to leads by going to System Settings ⇨ Custom Fields
6. Once the file is ready, go to System Settings ⇨ Import Data ⇨ Import Leads and import the exported file.
7. Then, go into your "People" records and manually delete one by one the People you added as Leads
If this is a feature you cannot wait for, you can consider making a custom dropdown for People called "Leads" and "People" and use your People category for both Leads and People.
Then you will have to go through all your People and make sure they are correctly assigned to Lead or People. One of the bonuses of using People for Leads is you can track your Leads in Opportunities through a pipeline and easily assign them back to Leads. I would also add a prefix for Leads, to separate them from People who might already be associated with the same company.
Then you can filter by what People are Leads