Here are some suggestions on how to reflect a parent/child relationship or connect contacts in ProsperWorks. This method can also apply to subsidiaries and companies.
Create parent/child custom fields
In this next section, you'll create two custom fields:
The first field will be a drop-down called 'Relationship.' In this field, you'll select whether the record is a parent or a child
The second field will be a url field called 'Relationship URL.' In that field, you'll add the URL to the record that should be the parent or child.
For example, if you select 'Parent' on a record, you'll add the URL to the child record in the 'Relationship URL' field. If you select 'Child' on a record, you'll add the URL for the parent record in the 'Relationship URL' field.
1. Sign into your ProsperWorks account and click 'Settings' from the lefthand menu.
2. Choose 'Custom Fields' under 'Customize ProsperWorks.'
3. Click the blue 'Add Custom Field' button.
4. In the lightbox that appears, name the field 'Relationship,' and choose 'Dropdown' from the 'Field Type' option. Name the two options 'Parent' and 'Child.' Then fill out the rest of the fields.
5. Click 'Save' when you're done.
6. Click the blue 'Add Custom Field' button.
7. In the lightbox that appears, name the field 'Relationship URL and set the field type to 'URL.' Fill in the rest of the fields.
8. Click 'Save' when you're done.
9. Open the record you saved the fields to so you can check your results: