Note: Only system admins can turn on multi-select custom fields
Our latest release includes multi-select custom fields, and we’re super excited about it. This update means fewer tags, fewer custom fields and a more simplified workflow!
This will be helpful for things like: selling multiple products, types of industries a company is in, languages spoken by a contact, countries a company operates in and so much more.
Setting up Multi-Select Custom Fields
- Select ‘System Settings’ in your menu.
- Under ‘Custom ProsperWorks’, select ‘Custom Fields’
- Click ‘Add Custom Field’
- Choose a label for the field
- Choose ‘Multi-Select Dropdown’ as the field type
- Input the dropdown menu options
- Choose what the field will show up on (tasks, leads, companies, opportunities, people, or projects). You can select more than one option.
Using Multi-Select Custom Fields
- As shown below, once your custom field is set-up, you will see a drop down menu appear within that option. You can now select multiple options within the same field.
As an admin:
- You can create and delete a custom field where users can select multiple options, in order to track different variables within the same category that apply to a record.
- You can select multiple options from a multi-select custom field on Lead, People, Companies, Opportunities, Task and Projects in the web app, in order to accurately keep track of records.
- After you have created the field, you can go back and re-arrange the options in any order you choose, or order them alphabetically!
As a user:
- You can include multi-select fields during a data import, in order to import relevant details about records. When importing XYZ, multi-select options need to be in the same cell separated by a ";".
- You can bulk update multi-select custom fields. When bulk updating, the existing options are replaced by the ones being added in bulk.
- You will see multi-select fields data included in your data exports.
- You can see multi-select fields data included in my Google Sheets Add-On exports.
- You will have access to the multi-select fields in the API, in order to have access to that information as part of third party integrations.